What is Tension Headache?
- A tension headache is the most common problem that we could notice in youngsters today. In fact, they usually present with mild to moderate pain, especially behind the eyes. It can be associated with pains like a tight band around the forehead and This is because of the muscular contractions of the head and the neck.
- Tension headaches are often because of the way of life arranged. So what we need individuals to do is back off, take more breaks during the day and truly center around self-mind. In addition, the skipping of meals can be a major contributing component: “When you avoid a supper, you’re expanding vata. Furthermore, when you skip a supper and are working strongly you’re additionally expanding pitta.”
Difference between a Migraine headache and Tension headache
Headaches are normal In fact, exceptionally common with all of us. It is important to understand the difference between a Migraine headache and Tension headache if you really want to cure this issue. Tension headaches happen because of stress, anxiety, lack of sleep or because of your repeating habit of stressing.
Migraine headaches are, however, caused because of the issue of a migraine and such headaches bring along nausea, stomach pain, and sound or even light. Regardless of whether it is children or adults or even kids nowadays, they all complain of headaches.
Talking about Tension headaches, these headaches indicate an imbalance in our body. The most widely recognized causes of these minds desensitizing waves of pain are pressure and tension. These don’t usually point to a genuine sickness yet we see that even a mild headache is sufficient to upset your daily activities. And that’s unequivocally the reason why you should consider meeting an Ayurvedic specialist for Ayurveda is the best approach to reestablish the balance inside your body with an emphasis on a hale and hearty way of life.
Causes of Headache
- Sleep deprivation.
- Powerless visual perception.
- Tuning in to loud music.
- Reading in dim light.
- Working continuously.
In Ayurveda, headache is known as shirahshoola. A headache might go with watering of the eyes, seeping from the nose or happiness relying upon the body energy that is bothered. In Ayurveda, a headache is categorized into 2 levels one is physical level and another is mental or emotional levels.
Physical Level Stress
Contributing factors to a physical headache are your diet. A headache usually is seen due to the lack of metabolic rate in the body. This bad metabolism is due to
- Improper meal timings:
- Eating food which is not compatible with your body.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Not eating on time.
- Not sleeping in time.
- Intaking similar type of food.
All these habits lead to the generation of the toxic system in the body.
Emotional Level stress
Emotional stress causes due to factors like
- Long working hour.
- Increased anger development.
- Work stress
- Improper lifestyle activities like working for too many hours without taking a rest.
- Sleeping on a hard or uncomfortable bed.
How to manage stress?
When we talk about stress management, Ayurveda provides the treatment for a headache. We suggest people who are suffering from a headache to look into their own system and find out what actually triggers these kinds of headaches and then try to manage it.
There are various treatments in Ayurveda to prevent a headache.
- Firstly, taking care of basic metabolism or stomach related issues.
- People who are suffering from indigestion problem should try with very light diet.
- Eating food in time is very important.
- It is advised to take a lot of fluids.
- Avoid junk food and food which is very difficult to digest.
- Follow a lifestyle which is more positive in their physiology.
And very importantly follow a lifestyle which is more positive on their physiology. For example, if you are working for long hours take a break between and just relax your mind.
Try to get fresh and pure air, which really gives you relief for your mind. Then try to free your muscles by giving rest, go for yoga and meditation.
Ayurveda Treatment for Tension Headache
- In Ayurveda, we have various methods to handle these types of stressful headaches. We help to get relaxation in the body. This relaxation can be done by following various Ayurvedic treatments like Abhyangam and In this treatment, we just apply oil on the head, this relief the contraction of the muscle and also brings about a lot of relaxation to your mind and to the body.
- Another Ayurveda treatment for a headache is nasyam. In fact, this treatment also has a positive outcome, both on body and head. And help reliefs of the stress and pain on the head. Next Ayurvedic treatment for a headache is applying of certain leaps. Lepas is the medicated paste where applied on the forehead, which gets relief.
- Prevention of tension headaches is something that everybody looks for and the main natural way to go about it is through yoga, meditation and adopting a healthy way of life. Avoid pressure and everything that causes stress which is almost difficult to achieve in this time and age.
- If you are experiencing chronic headache, it is advised to consult me personally at my hospital, where I could remove the issue from inside through Ayurvedic medications and Panchakarma treatments.
- Best Panchakarma treatments for a tension headache are:-
Shirodhara – In this treatment, we pour warm oil over the head. The treatment is meant to calm your mind and release toxins created by anxiety, tension, anger or sleeplessness.
Nasyam – Another exceptionally powerful Panchkarma treatment is a nasal administration whereby medicated oil is placed in the nostrils and the patient is asked to do breathing for some time. Nasyam encourages the sensory system to relax and is utilized broadly to treat headaches of all kinds.
However, you should try to change your way of life and be learning to give up the worrying habit if such headaches are troubling you more and more. In this case, if you wish to take expert help in curing your tension headaches, you can visit me at AyurHealing – Ayurveda and Siddha Hospital, where I am giving the best ayurvedic treatment for stress and tension headache and all other headaches due to various reasons with Ayurveda and Siddha medicines and panchakarma treatments.
Related Post: Anxiety Disorder Treatment