What is Shirodhara??
Shirodhara Massage is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy. The term Shirodhara taken from two Sanskrit words “Shira” means head and “Dhara” means stream. In this procedure, warm oil pours in a continuous flow over the highly concentrated nerves on the forehead. The pressure of the oil onto the brow makes a vibration.
The oil soaks the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the sensory system. The gentle pressure and mild warmness of the oil permit the body, mind and nervous system to experience a stress relief mode. Shirodhara massage is a part of the Panchakarma Cleansing process using specially prepared Shirodhara oil. It is also safe and effective as a stand-alone therapy.
Shirodhara is an astonishing, one of a kind body therapy from the old normal medical system Ayurveda. Shirodhara profoundly affects the nervous system. That implies, the treatment specifically and quickly quiets, unwinds and cleansingly affects the mind and nerves. Shirodhara is usually conducted either in the day time or in the evening time. Time duration may take 30 -60 minutes, depending on the patient’s condition.
Types of Shirodhara Massage
- Sneha Dhara uses herbal oil (tail) or ghee.
- Ksheer Dhara uses milk saturated with herbs.
- Takra Dhara uses buttermilk mixed with suitable herbs.
Other Shirodhara Benefits
- Improves Mind concentration.
- Nourishes hair and scalp.
- Promotes Better sleep.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Shirodhara Oil containing medicinal herbs will deeply heal the nervous system and help ease the symptoms of PTSD.
- Solving Insomnia disorders
- Hypertension – Shirodhara Therapy helps in lowering blood pressure.
At Ayurhealing, Ayurveda hospital in Bangalore we provide the most effective Shirodhara treatment in Bangalore.