Ghee is termed as Ghrita in Sanskrit a traditional ayurvedic component used over centuries. In India, it is considered as the purest and most sacred component. It is usually produced from cow’s milk. Where the water and the protein contents are removed from the milk solids and leaving the fat. Adding ghee to the daily diet, not only enhances taste and flavor but also has numerous health benefits in Ayurveda.
Sushruta Samiti makes the following medicinal statement about ghee “Ghritha is mild, cold, sweet, improves digestive system (Agni), nurtures tissues (Dhatus), fights fever, balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, enhances beauty, complexion, memory, wisdom, vision, intelligence, strength, and longevity. It also alleviates poisons and toxins in the body.”
DOES GHEE INCREASE YOUR CHOLESTEROL LEVELS?
There are a lot of misconceptions saying ghee has high saturated fat which leads to cholesterol, heart disease, and increases weight. But Ayurveda says ghee improves good cholesterol and maintains healthy fat in the body.
This is because it contains a natural source of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and is packed with antioxidants and linoleic acid which play a vital role to support heart health. It also contains fat-soluble vitamins A, E, D, and K which can improve vision, bone health, and also the immune system. As a result, ghee is considered a good editable fat because it does not cause any clogs or deposits in our blood vessels.
AN EXCELLENT HEALTH ELIXIR
Ghee is a beneficial factors for the whole body and is the ultimate remedy for many health issues.
- Simulates the production of acids in the stomach to digest food.
- Absorbs nutrients and minerals
- It contains Butyrate fatty acid which can reduce inflammation and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Lubricates joints by reducing pain and stiffness and promotes flexibility
- Enhances your mental wellness like stress and anxiety
- Eliminates seasonal allergies. Apply a small quantity of nasal passage this reduces the effects of allergies.
- Has a positive effect on the central nervous system in the brain
- Improves your vision
- Ghee contains vitamins like A, B, and K that helps to boost immunity, which is generally reduced in diabetic patients.
HOW MUCH GHEE CAN YOU CONSUME EVERY DAY?
Including 2-3 tablespoons of ghee in your daily diet helps you stay healthy and fit.
- Ghee improves your metabolism and gut health. Drinking ghee with lukewarm water on an empty stomach is an old ayurvedic tradition. This works as a natural laxative content for people suffering from constipation and irritated bowel syndrome.
- Ghee has a rich source of fatty acids. If hair is dry and frizzy mix a tablespoon of ghee with olive oil. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with water. This will make your hair look soft and shiny.
- Apply a small amount of ghee on your lips before you go to your bed. This will reduce dark pigmentation and protects your lips from drying and chapping.
- Ghee works amazing for dull skin. It provides deep hydration, provides a natural glow, reduces dark spots, eliminates pimples and dark spots, and also repairs damaged skin.
GHEE IN AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
Performing Abhyanga (self-massage) using desi ghee can keep your skin hydrated especially during the cold and dry seasons. It promotes blood circulation, pacifies Kapha and Vata dosha, relieves stress and anxiety, treats insomnia, and strengthens joints and bones.
Snehapana is ayurvedic detoxing activity. It involves drinking ghee curated with special medicinal formulas. This will expel all the toxins from your intestine during the Panchakarma treatment.
Netra Tarpana is an ayurvedic eye therapy where a circular frame made up of Masha paste is kept around your eyes. Now luke Warm ghee is poured into the frame. This is beneficial for people who work in front of computers for long hours. It also reduces stress, fatigue, and eyestrain. It also treats certain eye conditions like Cataracts, Glaucoma, and Conjunctivitis (also known as pink eye).
A spoonful of ghee not only enhances the taste and flavor of food but also improves your overall health. I hope you found this blog informative and helpful.
If you are looking for the best Ayurvedic hospital near you. Visit Ayurhealing, we offer traditional and unique ayurvedic treatments to reduce symptoms and promote a healthy life.