According to a study published in May 2021 says, “India is undergoing a rapid epidemiological transition, from an underweight to overweight/obese population.”
One out of four people are suffering from obesity in India. It leads to certain diseases like cardiovascular disease, cancer, type-2 diabetes, and digestive disorders
Many people are annoyed by fat and tend to choose easy alternatives like Liposuction to remove unwanted fat and enhance their appearance.
Liposuction is considered a popular cosmetic fat removal surgery that uses the latest advanced technology to extract excess fat in areas like the abdomen, chin, thighs, hips, arms, neck, calves, chest, or neck. This procedure will improve the shape of the body.
But at the same time, Liposuction has major risk factors like
- Uneven skin or poor skin elasticity
- Blood clots in veins
- Internal infections
- Nerve irritation or numbness
- Heart and kidney problems
- Anesthesia compilations
- Punctures or internal wounds to organs
- Fat clots
- Wavy or bumpy skin
- Pain, swelling, or soreness
- Changes in skin color and sensation
Other serious issues can also cause death.
Hence, Liposuction is not the best option for weight loss. It might benefit some people and may not for others.
Udvartana is a Sanskrit word meaning “to move something in an upward direction”.
Udwarthanam is similar to Abhyanga but differs in its application and pressure during the procedure. It is a special type of massage done by rubbing medicated powder on the body with friction to liquefy fats and cellulite and gives a well-toned body.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Udwarthanam has the ability to exfoliate skin and eliminates toxins in your body. When the herbal powder is rubbed on the body, it generates heat in the tissue, opens the pores, removes blocked vessels by reducing stiffness, and breakdowns down fat metabolism.
According to Charaka, there are two types
SNIGDHA UDWARTHANAM: This therapy is done after performing Abhyanga (oil massage). Here the herbal powders are directly rubbed over the body. The powders are warmed and mixed with fats like medicated ghee, sesame oil, or other medicated oils to make a paste. This paste is rubbed all over the body in the upward direction.
This type of massage is suitable for people with a slim and thin (Krisha) personality.
RUKSHA UDWARTHANAM: In Sanskrit, Ruksha means dry. As the name suggests no oils are used in this massage. The herbal powder is directly rubbed on the body in an upward direction.
This therapy is also performed after Abhyanga.
It is suitable for people with obese (Sthula) personalities.
Udwarthanam is recommended for the below conditions
- When there is excessive Khapa dosha
- When there is excess fat in the body
- Having a stiff and rigid body
- Excessive sweating
- Oily skin
- When the body smells bad and lacks freshness
- Skin laxity (where the skin loses its firmness)
- When the body’s skin is accumulated dirt
- Feeling of heaviness or cold
- Metabolic disorders
- Laziness and drowsiness
- Nerve disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular periods for women (menstrual disorders)
- Hormonal disorders
- Skin conditions
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- The treatment begins with an Abhyanga massage. This procedure is done for 15 to 20 minutes. The massage is conducted with warm medicated oils and the patient is prepared for Udwarthanam therapy.
- Udwarthanam is performed on both sides of the body. The whole procedure is carried out by our well-trained massage therapists. An average session lasts 30 to 45 minutes.
- The herbal powder is rubbed in the reverse direction of body hair. The whole massage process is performed 7 different positions where The patient is sitting with lower limbs extended
- Lying on back
- Turning towards the left side
- Lying downwards (facing down)
- Turning towards the right side
- Again lying on the back (facing up)
Sitting with lower limbs extended
- After the massage, the procedure is followed by a herbal steam bath to detoxify the body.
- We may prescribe some ayurvedic diet and medicines based on the patient’s condition.
- It eliminates stored fat in the body. Also removes cellulite in your lower abdomen, hips, and thighs.
- Make your skin feel soft and lustrous. Udwarthanam acts as a great skin exfoliator by eliminating dirt and impurities on your face and body. It also enhances your skin tone by providing a natural glow for your skin.
- Promotes blood circulation (Rakta Prasadana) by nourishing the whole body.
- Improves joints flexibility
- Balances hormonal issues and menstruation disorders
- Great for cardiovascular disease
- Enhances sleep quality
- It is natural deodorant by removing excessive sweating and bad odor.
- Improves your gut health (Jataragni) and metabolism.
- Unleash your stress and calms down your nervous system.
- Strengthens your body muscles
I hope now you have got a clear understanding of how Udwarthanam is more effective than Liposuction surgery. It not only makes your body tone but also has cured many other diseases. So it’s your time to invest in good health.