Manya Stambha, commonly referred to as Neck Pain in general, refers to the chronic pain in the neck and that cervical area of the back. There are several factors, why it happens like wrong body posture and abnormalities, including ankylosing spondylitis, cervical spondylosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and sometimes disc prolapse as well. Most people overlook body posture that is perhaps the biggest reason why neck pain has become common among all ages of people. Standing stooped, hunched shoulders, sleeping with a thick pillow, and spending hours on the phone can cause strain on the neck and lead to a stiff neck. More often than not, neck pain can also occur due to excessive use of computers, lack of relevance, and mainly the wear & tear that comes with the growing age.
Talking about its treatment, Ayurvedic physicians describe various Ayurvedic treatments for neck pain such as Snehana commonly called oil massage, Swedana (sudation), Manya Basti (bastion the neck), and more like coating the affected area with a special blend of medicines. Ayurveda hospitals like Ayurhealing have been using ancient Ayurvedic herbs, including Small Caltrops, Country mallow, Indian Ginseng, and Garlic to treat neck pain. Other than this, topical and oral medicines are used to treat neck pain such as Maharasnadi Kashayam, Laksha Guggulu, and Prasarini Taila. Ayurveda is too vast and there is no end of the blog. But before we dive deep into explaining Ayurvedic treatment for neck pain, let’s check the Ayurvedic view of neck pain.
Causes of Neck Pain As Per Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, multiple conditions may lead to a stiff neck and cause chronic neck pain. Here are some of the major reasons for neck pain.
- Arthritis: This is the most common cause of neck pain that directly affects the joints in the neck. It includes Osteoarthritis that is a degenerative disease in the joints and Rheumatoid Arthritis that is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic joint inflammation due to lack of Vata in the joints.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: This chronic condition causes inflammation and pain in the back & neck due to imbalanced Vata dosha and affects bone marrow.
- Slipped Disc: The cartilaginous disc between the bones in the spine, acting as a protective shock absorber, may slip from its place and cause neck pain. The most common cause of slipped discs is the degeneration of the bones or an injury.
This is the definition of neck pain in the book of Ayurveda. Talking about the Ayurvedic treatment for neck pain, it consists of many solutions that are as effective as none other. Here are some of the most effective Ayurvedic treatments for neck pain that we apply here at Ayurhealing – leading Ayurveda hospital.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Neck Pain
Ayurveda treatment for neck pain depends on the cause of the pain and generally if it recently originated, it responds quickly to conservative Ayurveda-based treatment like rest, pain killers, etc. Talking about the persistent neck pain that is often caused due to slipped disc and arthritis of the cervical spine. But fret not, because Ayurveda can treat all types of neck pain. Here are some proven Ayurvedic treatments for neck pain that we perform at Ayurhealing.
- Greeva Vasti: This is the process of applying heat to the Cervical region by medicated warm water through a receptacle made of black gram dough. It is too effective for conditions like Cervical Spondylosis, Stiff Neck, and Disc Prolapse.
- Abhyangam: One of the best Ayurveda treatments for neck pain, this is a classic Ayurvedic massage that is often performed with a blend of medicated oil is considered highly effective for pain and stiffness in the body.
- Nasyam: In this therapy, the medicines pass through the nasal to treat neck pain and Cervical Spondylosis.
- Njavara Kizhi: Back in time, neck pain was used to treat the body fomentation with boluses of special rice cooked in medicated milk mixed with herbal decoctions.
- Pizhichil: Warm oil medicated with Ayurvedic herbs poured on the body with a gentle massage. It is considered best for rejuvenation and alleviating pain and inflammation.
Neck pain Treatment Through Ayurveda at Ayurhealing
Here at Ayurhealing, we have the best team of Ayurveda physicians who have performed Ayurveda treatment many times under the supervision of Dr. Mini Nair – a renowned Ayurvedic physician in India. We provide in-house Ayurveda treatment for neck pain, for 2-3 weeks. At our faculty, you get various options for accommodation as well. Here at Ayurhealing, you heal through nature with a professional team of experienced & caring Ayurvedic physicians backed by a team of compassionate paramedical staff. One of the biggest benefits of treating neck pain through Ayurveda is that it eliminates the need for surgery and improves the quality of life. Also, it is 100% natural & holistic.
GET IN TOUCH FOR AUTHENTIC TREATMENTS @ AYUR HEALING ON-7411658555