What is Hypothyroidism?
The human body is filled with a lot of chemicals and hormones. A perfect balance of them leads to a healthy body. Excess or lesser production of these hormones will result in diseases. One such important hormone is produced in the Thyroid gland. Warn, there is a lesser secretion of the hormone, it leads to a disease called Hypothyroidism. Ayurhealing provides unique Ayurveda treatment in Bangalore curing these type of diseases.
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped small gland located at the front of the neck. This hormone helps in regulating the energy flow throughout the body. It controls the functions of the heart, lungs, digestive system etc.. So, it is very much essential to take care of your body, especially thyroid secretion.
The thyroid controls how the heart should beat at different instances, how the food digestion happens and many more. So, with the wrong amounts of this hormone, a lot of organs get affected and lead to more illnesses. And, ultimately, the body starts to slow down.
Hypothyroidism is found more commonly with women than men. It can happen at any age. One way to identify it is through a blood test or after any symptoms of this disease arise. This article will help you in understanding more about the disease and the cure of hypothyroidism in Bangalore.
Hypothyroidism Causes and Treatment
A blood test and other evaluation of symptoms can tell clearly about the presence of hypothyroidism.
The Blood test will measure TSH hormone levels, which is secreted by the pituitary gland. If the TSH levels are high, then it is a symptom of hypothyroidism. This is because the thyroid tries to stimulate more thyroid activity.
Mostly physical examinations and observations can give signs of a disease. Such symptoms of Hypothyroidism include any of the following:
- Swelling of body parts
- Slower heart rate and reflex mechanism
- Dry skin
- Frequent constipation
- Feeling very cold always
- Hair Loss
Modern Treatments available to cure Hypothyroidism
Any treatment for Hypothyroidism focuses to increase and also normalize the secretion of thyroid hormone. It is very important to increase the right amounts for the right amount of time. Some people continue to produce higher levels of thyroid after the treatment. This happens especially after Radioactive treatments, where the medical effect sustains for a longer time.
Some other method includes partial or complete removal of the Thyroid gland. The better practice is to consult with an experienced doctor for Ayurvedic hypothyroidism treatment in Bangalore.
Self-diagnosis can be both good and bad, but expert advice will save you from any disaster.
Check out the video – Dr. Mini Nair talks about the cure for Hypothyroidism in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism treatment in Ayurveda has been there since the ancient times in India. This method of treatment focuses to eliminate the source of the occurrence of the disease. Rather than just alleviating the symptoms. Because of this reason, the Ayurveda cure for hypothyroidism is simple and effective. Another advantage is that there is no use of artificial drugs or chemicals to cure the disease.
Ayurveda texts mention a disease called “GALAGANDA” and “APACHI” which can have symptoms as Hypothyroidism. We have the best Ayurveda doctor in Bangalore specialized in treating hypothyroidism.
It suggests the following to combat Hypothyroidism in a natural way:
- There is the various ayurvedic medicine that is commonly used like Kanchanara Gulgulu and Punarnavadi Gulgulu.
- Herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha and Jatamansi are also used.
- Various foods that have high contents of Iodine like Fish, Shell Fish, Asparagus, Potatoes, White Onion are recommended.
- Foods that slow down the functioning of Thyroid gland like Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Soya should be avoided.
- Hypothyroidism patients should consume more milk.
- The patients are also supposed to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Specific vegetables include having cucumber in large quantities. This assists in treating the disease quickly.
- Also, pulses like Bengal gram and Moong Dal help in maintaining thyroid levels and cures hypothyroidism quicker.
- Barley and rice also help in normalizing the hormone levels. When taken in adequate amounts, it will benefit in the long run to neutralize the hormone.
- Like soy, avoid foods filled with fiber. Too much of fiber intake interferes with the hormone absorption. It may also prevent the body from secreting or getting the hormones it needs. But, don’t avoid fiber completely, because it is essential as well. Also, avoid taking any medicine immediately after eating high-fiber foods.
Apart from the above diet pattern and internal medicinal intake, Ayurveda suggests some set of Panchakarma Therapies as an external treatment like Nasya karma, Dhara and Shirodhara to treat the disease of Hypothyroidism.
The composition of internal medication, external treatments and Diet chart will be fixed by the physician individually and case to case.
All the above steps taken properly will lead to a permanent cure for thyroid in Ayurveda.
Consult Ayurhealing, the best Ayurveda hospital in Bangalore to know more and become aware of this disease.
Related Post: How to manage weight gained selectively around the belly